|(You will get directly to all detailed information on CIF Turkey web page by clicking the undelined subtitles.)|
CIF Turkey and CIF International welcome you to attend and celebrate 56 years of International Exchange in Ankara, TURKEY and the 30th Conference of CIF 3–8.6.2013 (Monday – Saturday) entitled:
“ENCOUNTERS IN A GLOBAL WORLD New challenges for social work and human service professionals”
Conference venue: Büyük Anadolu Hotel, Ankara, Turkey
- CIF Executive Committee Meeting:
Thursday May 30, 2013 - Friday May 31, 2013
- CIF Board of Directors Meeting
Saturday June 1, 2011 - Monday June 3, 2013
- CIF Conference
Monday June 3 PM - Saturday June 8 AM, 2013
It is known that encounters can sometimes be considered as threats and opportunity for growth at other times. From this point of view, we invite you as social work professionals who are confronting with these problems in different parts of the world, to Turkey to discuss encounters and think about how we can turn these challenges into opportunities for a better World. We hope to provide a platform for you to participate in discussion groups, share your experiences and form new solutions to combat these situations in the following areas of interest:
1) Diversity: Diversity involves multiculturalism, differences in culture, religion, language or race.
2) Identity: Identity can represent a person or a community. A person can express himself/herself with his/her identity.
3) Discrimination: Discrimination by people and groups may be the most painful encounter for those who are exposed to it.
4) Conflicts: Conflicts may arise between individuals, groups, or communities and emerge as a result of differences in understanding of multiculturalism.
5) Hate Crimes: Lack of tolerance or not being able to live with people who are different from themselves, causes people to become angry and commit hate crimes.
6) Reconciliation: There is an adjustment process or harmonization period for related parties in each new encounter.
7) Internet Abuse: In our age, one of the most important encounters is the internet.
8) Human Trafficking: Human trafficking is the illegal trade of human beings for the purposes of commercial sexual exploitation, reproductive slavery, forced labor or a modern-day form of slavery.
9) Hope: In a world where there are so many issues and needs, we also need to be hopeful.
Below is a draft of our conference program:
|May 30-31, 2013||CIF Executive Committee Meetings|
|June 1-3, 2013||CIF Board Meeting|
|June 3, 2013||Arrival and Conference Opening Ceremony at 4:30 p.m. |
|June 4-5, 2013||Plenary Speaker and Workshops, Host Family Reunion, Candidates for EC, NB meeting and Market of Nations|
|June 6, 2013||Agency Visits and Cultural Excursion in Ankara (details latter)|
|June 7, 2013||CIF Inauguration of new CIF leaders|
CIF General Assembly- Conference summary
Closing Ceremony-Gala Dance Dinner
|June 8, 2013||Post Tours Begin (See details ‘Post tours’)|
Total fees* for the conference will be at the price of:
Early bird registration 390 € (from 1st of September till 30th November, 2012)
Regular registration 430 € (from 1st of December, 2012 till 31th March, 2013)
Late bird registration 450 € (after 31th March, 2013)
* All inclusive based on double rooms: conference fees, accommodation, breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee breaks, etc. from dinner on Monday, June 3rd to breakfast on Saturday, June 8th . A single room comes with an additional fee.
One can register for the 30th CIF International Conference either online from the address of the conference or download the form, fill in and return it by e-mail to the address cifturkey . If you do not have access to the Internet, you can get a copy from your country branch or contact person, and fax your registration form to CIF Turkey at + 90 312 229 63 14 or you may also mail it to “Sosyal Hizmet Alanýnda Çalýþanlar Derneði (CIF Turkey) Strazburg Cad.24/2 Sihhiye – Ankara, Turkey”.
Travelling in Turkey
CIF Turkey is organizing 4 post-conference Post tours starting on June 8th to: Pamukkale and Ephesus, Konya and Antalya, Cappadocia and Istanbul.